Did you purchase safety equipment within the last 6 months? Are you planning on purchasing safety equipment this fiscal year?
The Safety Partners Grant provides funding for Public Entity Partners members to purchase safety and loss prevention items or training aimed at reducing work related injuries and accidents. Examples of eligible items include, but are not limited to:
- Bulletproof vests
- Work zone safety equipment
Expenditures for employee safety devices, equipment and safety training, or employee education / training that is necessary to control an employee safety hazards are eligible for reimbursement through the Safety Partners Grant. Grant applications are available beginning June 28th are are due by August 19th, 2022. Grant applications are considered in the order they are received, so submit your application quickly.
How to Apply for the Safety Partners Grant:
- Read the eligibility criteria and program guidelines.
- Complete the online grant application. The application window for this grant is currently closed.
- Submit a signed Resolution or Motion passed by your governing body authorizing your application. This can be submitted AFTER your application is accepted. Download Resolution/Motion in WORD or Fillable PDF.
- If your grant is approved, you will be asked to submit proof of payment(s) for your safety-related purchased items.
Please make sure you review the eligibility criteria and program guidelines.
- Who is eligible to apply?
- How much is my organization eligible to receive through this grant?
- When will our organization be notified that our grant application is approved?
- I received my grant approval letter. What is the next step?
- Do you have a copy of the model motion or resolution in Microsoft Word?
- My grant application was approved. Where do I submit my proof of payment(s) for safety-related purchased items?
- Who can I contact with questions?
Public Entity Partners members with workers' compensation coverage as of 7/1/2022.
The Safety Partners Grant is a 50/50 Matching Grant. Public Entity Partners will reimburse up to 50% of the cost of the safety-related approved item(s) with a maximum reimbursement based on the Priority Classification matrix rating. Funding levels for the Safety Partners Grant are based on the earned workers' compensation premium for the previous year (2020-2021).
|Grant Class||Member Earned Premium Amount for 2020-2021
||Grant Eligibility Award Amount|
|Class I||Contributed earned premium for the previous year $400,000 or more in the requested coverage area.
||Up to $4,000|
|Class II||Contributed earned premium for the previous year between $200,000 and $399,999 in the requested coverage area.
||Up to $3,000|
|Class III||Contributed earned premium for the previous year between $100,000 and $199,999 in the requested coverage area.
||Up to $2,000|
|Class IV||Contributed earned premium for the previous year between $25,000 and $99,999 in the requested coverage area.
||Up to $1,500|
|Class V||Contributed earned premium for the previous year between $10,000 and $24,999 in the requested coverage area.
||Up to $1,000|
|Class VI||Contributed earned premium for the previous year between $2,500 and $9,999 in the requested coverage area.
||Up to $500|
|Class VII||Contributed earned premium for the previous year less than $2,500
||Up to $250|
You will receive a confirmation email within 15 minutes of submitting your grant application. Applicants with approved grants will be notified on September 9th, 2022.
In order to receive reimbursement for your approved grant items, you must submit the following:
- Signed resolution or motion
- Cover sheet listing description of items purchased, quantities, and grand total of all purchases. All receipts must follow in order of cover sheet.
- Two proofs of payment
Grant & Scholarship Program
Grant & Scholarship Program