Expenditures for employee safety items or employee education / training that is necessary to control employee safety hazards are eligible for reimbursement through the Safety Partners Grant. Grant applications are due by August 18th, 2023.
How to Apply for the Safety Partners Grant:
- Read the eligibility criteria and program guidelines.
- Complete the online grant application. The application window for this grant will be open June 28th - August 18th.
- Submit a signed Resolution or Motion passed by your governing body authorizing your application. This can be submitted AFTER your application is accepted. Download Resolution/Motion in WORD or Fillable PDF. This must be submitted by Friday, November 3, 2023.
- If your grant application is approved, you will be required to submit proof of payment(s) for your safety-related purchased items.
Please make sure you review the eligibility criteria and program guidelines.
- Who is eligible to apply?
- How much is my organization eligible to receive through this grant?
- When will our organization be notified that our grant application is approved?
- I received my grant approval letter. What is the next step?
- Do you have a copy of the model motion or resolution in Microsoft Word?
- My grant application was approved. Where do I submit my proof of payment(s) for safety-related purchased items?
- Who can I contact with questions?
Public Entity Partners members with workers' compensation coverage as of 7/1/2023.
The Safety Partners Grant is a 50/50 Matching Grant. Public Entity Partners will reimburse up to 50% of the cost of the safety-related approved item(s) with a maximum reimbursement based on the Priority Classification matrix rating. Funding levels for the Safety Partners Grant are based on the earned workers' compensation premium for the previous year (2022-2023).
|Grant Class||Member Earned Premium Amount for 2022-2023
||Grant Eligibility Award Amount|
|Class I||Contributed earned premium for the previous year $400,000 or more in the requested coverage area.
||Up to $4,000|
|Class II||Contributed earned premium for the previous year between $200,000 and $399,999 in the requested coverage area.
||Up to $3,000|
|Class III||Contributed earned premium for the previous year between $100,000 and $199,999 in the requested coverage area.
||Up to $2,000|
|Class IV||Contributed earned premium for the previous year between $25,000 and $99,999 in the requested coverage area.
||Up to $1,500|
|Class V||Contributed earned premium for the previous year between $10,000 and $24,999 in the requested coverage area.
||Up to $1,000|
|Class VI||Contributed earned premium for the previous year between $2,500 and $9,999 in the requested coverage area.
||Up to $500|
|Class VII||Contributed earned premium for the previous year less than $2,500
||Up to $250|
You will receive a confirmation email within 15 minutes of submitting your grant application. Applicants with approved grants will be notified on September 11, 2023.
In order to receive reimbursement for your approved grant items, you must submit the following:
- Signed resolution or motion
- Cover sheet listing description of items purchased, quantities, and grand total of all purchases. All receipts must follow in order of cover sheet.
- Two proofs of payment which must include the following:
- CANCELLED check/bank statement, credit card receipt / credit card statement, Automated Clearing House (ACH), or Automated Funds Transfer (AFT)
- Copy of invoice or purchase order (serving as the backup to the cancelled check or credit card receipt). Submitting invoices alone will not be accepted.
Grant & Scholarship Program
Grant & Scholarship Program